Home. It’s your safe haven. It’s where you raise your family and create memories that last a lifetime. Whether you’re buying insurance for your first home or the high-value home of your dreams, Daniel Medina Insurance can help you protect this prized possession with homeowners insurance that fits your priorities and your budget.
Home insurance in Texas
Was there a single feature that sold you on your home? Maybe you couldn’t resist stunning city views or an open-plan kitchen with all the upgrades. Perhaps you liked its quiet cul-de-sac location. Or there was plenty of room for your classic cars in a three-car garage with full workshop.
Whatever you love about the place you call home, it’s not the only reason to choose insurance with care. Your home is also a major investment. And a Daniel Medina Insurance agent can help as you select the coverage you want.
WAYS TO SAVE
Home insurance discounts
Check out a few of Daniel Medina’s Insurance discounts aimed at lowering your Home insurance cost.*Disclosure
Already have another policy with Daniel Medina Insurance, such as auto, home, renters, RV, or boat? We’ll add a discount for bundling to your Home policy.
Safe Driver Discounts
Being a safe rider pays off, and you’ll get a discount if you’ve had no accidents or motor vehicle violations in the last three years.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
- A Homeowners Insurance Policy (also known as an HO-3 policy) can cover damage caused by such perils as fire, windstorms, hail, lightning and vandalism. Typically, damage caused by floods and earthquakes is not covered by basic homeowner insurance policies. Optional homeowner insurance coverages and policies may be available to cover damage due to additional perils.
Types of Home Insurance Coverage
Within a Homeowners Insurance Policy, the following categories can help ensure your home and assets are adequately protected.
Dwelling coverage can pay to repair or rebuild your home if damaged by a covered cause of loss. You will likely want to buy enough dwelling coverage to cover the estimated cost to repair or rebuild.
Other Structures Coverage
Other structures coverage can pay for covered damages to detached structures like garages, sheds and fences on your property.
Personal Property Coverage
Personal property coverage can pay you for the personal items in your home that may be damaged or destroyed by a covered cause of loss, which could include your furniture, clothes, sporting goods and electronics. Special limits of liability may apply to certain items.
Loss of Use Coverage
Loss of use coverage can pay your additional living expenses if you must move out of your home temporarily while it’s being restored. This is subject to coverage terms and limits.
Personal Liability Coverage
Liability coverage can help protect you in the event of a claim and can provide a defense in the event of a lawsuit if you or a member of your household is responsible for causing bodily injury or property damage to others.
Home Insurance FAQs
What is homeowners insurance and why do I need it?
Homeowners insurance can protect you from the unexpected. If your home is damaged, your belongings are stolen or someone gets injured on your property, it can help cover repairs or replacement, temporary housing, medical bills, legal fees and more.
A homeowners policy is recommended for anyone who owns a home or condo, and may even be required by your mortgage lender. In certain areas, you may need separate policies or coverage to help protect your home and personal belongings against damage due to floods, earthquakes, windstorms or hail.
Most policies have 3 key elements: the premium which is how much you pay for coverage, deductibles which are how much you’re responsible for out-of-pocket in the event of a covered Claim, and limits which are the most your insurer will pay for a covered claim.
Home insurance is coverage you hope to never have to use, but if the unexpected happens, it can help you restore your life back to normal.
What does a typical homeowners policy cover?
An insurance representative can help you determine the homeowners coverage that best fits your needs and budget, but a typical policy can cover:
- The structure of your home
- Other structures on your property (e.g. garage, shed)
- Your personal belongings
- Additional living expenses if you cannot live in your home due to a covered loss or repairs
- Your personal liability or legal fees
- Valuable items (extra coverage can usually be added)
What do I need to consider when choosing homeowners insurance?
When figuring out how to choose home insurance, consider these key questions:
- What is the estimated cost to replace, rebuild or repair your home—the “replacement cost”?
- What other structures are on your property (e.g. garage, shed, fences)?
- How much of a deductible can you afford to pay out-of-pocket if you have a loss?
- What are your valuables and what are they worth?
- Do you have frequent visitors to your home?
- Do you work out of your home?
- Do you rent any part of your home or property?
- Do you qualify for any discounts?
- What are the basic coverages required by your mortgage lender?
Our licensed insurance representatives are happy to walk you through all of this step by step, and can help you review your needs on an annual basis.
Many Ways to Save While Protecting Your Home
It’s quick and easy to get a quote today. See how you may be able to save money on your homeowners policy if you bundle multiple policies, install smart home technology or have a ‘green’ home.
You can save up to 15% on home insurance when you have a car insurance policy with Daniel Medina Insurance. Additional savings may be available if you have other policies with Daniel Medina Insurance, including umbrella, boat or a personal articles floater.
Home Buyer Discount
Available to customers who have purchased their home within 12 months prior to the policy effective date.
Offered to eligible customers who have not experienced a loss within a specified time period.
Protective Device Discount
You can save by having devices such as:
• Smoke detectors and fire alarms;
• Interior sprinkler systems;
• Home security systems; or
• Smart or connected home technology, which alerts the customer that a fire or burglar event is occurring.
Green Home Discount
You can save up to 5% if your home is already certified “green home” by the Leadership Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) organization.